>Qwest is the epitome of terrible service and if you have any problems with
>Qwest, please file a complaint with the minnesota public utilities
>commission:
>MN Public Utilities Commission
>121 7th Place E. Suite 350
>St. Paul, MN 55101-2147
>Consumer Assistance/Information: 651/296-0406
>TDD/TTY (For Hearing Impaired): 651/297-1200
>Toll Free Dial 1 and Then: 800/657-3782
>General Information: 651-296-7124
>Fax: 651-297-7073
>
>I heard Qwest actually gets fined $500 for each complaint, and the PUC just
>assumes them to be true now because they get so many, no more
>investigations, just a big fat bill.  I don't know if this is true or not,
>but anything I can do to hurt Qwest makes me feel good, it's revenge for
>them causing me more trouble than any other company or person that I do
>business with, including the IRS.
Yes, this is true. They have and will continue to send a $500 dollar invoice
for each complaint received. The unfortunate thing is that they profit more
than that every day, so even 1 complaint a day will not phase them.

>Looks like I'm stuck with a cable modem (no hosting servers) unless I shell
>out $1500 install + $400 a month for wireless from Implex.net, or $800 month
>for a t1 (with a 2 year contract, blech..).
Time for a BSD firewall with NAT and lots o fancy blocking mechanisms, they'll
never know your hosting servers. (As long as they aren't too heavily used.)
Tom
--
Thomas J. Hudak
Systems Administrator

sleep: Command not found - The story of my life...