On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 02:37:40PM -0500, Austad, Jay wrote:
> and it's a law that you have to landline 911 service in a
> residential home,

Hmmm, I've never heard of this law. What about the Amish (I'm from rural
Wisconsin)? I say, if the government is keen on me having a landline for
911 service, they can pay for it themselves... :)

I too am eager to ditch my land line and just use a cellphone,
but it's a tad bit expensive right now. But I feel your pain with respect
to Qwest -- although I've had the good fortune to experience less of it --
and am no fan of those doofuses.

<grammar nazi>
And what's up with misspelling words to make a "cool" name for your
company? Dammit, it's "quest". And the word "excel" starts with an 'e', not
an 'x'. "Qwest", "Xcel"...it's like being on an IRC channel with a bunch of
k1dd13s.
</grammar nazi>

Dan

--