Often I find that if the clients' clocks are too far off the server's, NTP will not every catch up and will often coredump.  Try rdate -s on each client to get them at least close to the same time and then NTP may/should keep things syncronized.

-swf

--
"Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines."   - Satchel Paige