This whole MAPS thing just pisses me off. To me MAPS is just a community
parasite.

Anyways, as we work through how to replace MAPS and not 100% sure if these ORBS
replacement people are going to be ready, I thought, why can't you do MAPS-like
stuff yourself?

I asked MAPS for their RSS testing tool, so I could test sites myself before
submitting them to the database. I as told it was not possible for "legal"
reasons. I thought it was weird, but dismissed it.

Looking back at it now got me to thinking MAPS probably had this whole
commerical thing planned from the start and that is why they would not release
the RSS testing tool.

Working through my anger, I thought why isn't there an open source project for
MAPS-like software? Then ISPs like Real Time could just setup and MAPS-like
database itself -just- for its clients.

OR better yet, something like SHoMN (spam haters of Minnesota) and get all the
local ISPs to have some sort of distributed zonefile like MAPS does now.

So, anyone know of any open source project that provides MAPS-like features?

How did these re-born ORBS people get the original ORBS software?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500