On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 11:31:00AM -0500, Bill Layer wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:24:17 -0500
> "Eric Stanley" <barnabas at knicknack.net> wrote:
>
> > Yup.  I do some work for a non-profit organization which has four
> > offices connected to the 'net via DSL.  Three of their modems were hit
> > by the worm.
> >
> > It was also relatively easy to fix.  Just have someone on-site power
> > cycle the modem, ssh into the site and change the web port.  Thanks to
> > those on the list who supplied the information as to how to fix.
>
> Or upgrade the CBOS version, which is a better long-term fix. There are
> many useful enhancements in the new 2.4.1 and up versions.

Such as toasted SNMP.

Cisco _IDIOTS_.

They "have support" for SNMP in 2.2.0. They really add it in 2.3.x series.

With CBOS 2.4.1 I can interrogate the router but it will give me 0s.

The release notes for 2.4.2 say something about fixing SNMP: now snmpwalk
_crashes_ the router.

Of course having a silly linux user in Minnesota able to extract silly traffic
graphs with mrtg is not a corporate priority for CISCO but still...

florin

--

"If it's not broken, is because you are not fixing it enough."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4