> I thought I'd check here for any recommendations or warnings, since y'all
> are such a wealth of valuable experience.

I second everyone's cautions about flat panels vs. CRTs. for the money, you
can still get a *much* nicer CRT, for the same money as a flat panel.

some people like flat panels because they don't have refresh-rate problems
(flicker); but neither does a CRT if you take the time to tweak it (*much*
easier on X than Windows).

I've got a 21" Hitachi CM802 that I'll sell you for $300. works beautifully;
ask Nate Carlson. We've been using it here at the office, just because it's
so much fun to play with. :)

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer