On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 10:27:57PM -0500, Florin Iucha wrote:
> One bit of advice: don't go for a flatpanel unless you know what you are doing.
> I conseder them a necessary evil on laptops 8). They have only one good
> resolution, are slow to refresh... and for the money you give on a 17" LCD you
> can get a top of the line 19" CRT (I've paid $520 for a NEC MultySync FP950
> last spring and I'm very happy).

Agreed.  I picked up a 15" LCD a few months back (I don't recall the
model offhand) and, while it looked great in the store, I rather quickly
discovered that I couldn't look at it for long without getting a nasty
headache.  Fortunately, it was intended for a mini-terminal in my living
room, not for my main workstation; I'm not sure that they make an LCD
screen yet that I could look at all day without problems.

--
With the arrest of Dimitry Sklyarov it has become apparent that it is not
safe for non US software engineers to visit the United States. - Alan Cox