On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 09:55:34PM -0500, andy at theasis.com wrote:
> It's time to replace the monitor on one of the workstations here, and I'm
> considering a 17" TFT/Flat panel LCD, such as the Viewsonic VG175.
>
> The box is a PIII-500 with a TNT2-Ultra card in it (32MB, I think), and
> will be doing mostly typical X stuff (gv, emacs, netscrape, xterms) at
> 1280x1024.
>
> I thought I'd check here for any recommendations or warnings, since y'all
> are such a wealth of valuable experience.

One bit of advice: don't go for a flatpanel unless you know what you are doing.
I conseder them a necessary evil on laptops 8). They have only one good
resolution, are slow to refresh... and for the money you give on a 17" LCD you
can get a top of the line 19" CRT (I've paid $520 for a NEC MultySync FP950
last spring and I'm very happy).

That said, I've had nothing but good experiences with NEC and Hitachi CRTs.

florin

--

"If it's not broken, is because you are not fixing it enough."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4