> NE2000+ or compatible. Rock solid, stable, and the card's resources are
> set by either jumpers, or a DOS utility called 'plusdiag.exe' that uses an
> NVRAM in the card to set & hold resource settings. Neat.

problem with NE2K boards is that there's a jillion knockoffs of them.
They're sort of the AK-47 of the networking world... cheap, cheerful, but
there's umpteen jillion knockoffs which aren't all guaranteed to be
compatible (at least as far as drivers go).
I haven't been bitten by this under Linux; but under Windows and NetBSD I've
seen compatibility problems.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer