* Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com> [010721 00:22]:
> Quoting tim (tim at tneu.visi.com):
> > Is anyone else planning on attending the protests at Adobe on Monday?
> Sheesh, let it go. Like I don't have something better todo on a Saturday then
> fight the political agenda and business agenda of Adobe.

Helooooo. the us govt LOCKED SOMEONE UP because they researched an
encryption of a popular file format and distributed a product of this
research.  Yeah, it had dual use, one to make use of the fair use
provisions of copyright law, one is to break the copyright law.

I think fair use has broken the latter most times in court in the
non-digital relm.

Now we have digital and its all different or something.  go figure.

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> <sdier at debian.org>
http://www.ringworld.org/  #linuxos at irc.openprojects.net