Hi,

On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Bob Tanner wrote:

> Sheesh, let it go. Like I don't have something better todo on a Saturday then
> fight the political agenda and business agenda of Adobe.

This isn't about Adobe. It's about a guy getting arrested for telling
people about ROT13. At Defcon, where there was probably not ONE person who
didn't already know what ROT13 is.

The guy is being held without bail, too.

This is about people being so afraid of 'hackers', that anyone even
suspected of a computer crime gets locked away and denied due process.

<SEMI-PARANOIA>
Bob, how far removed do you think this is from you, or Real-Time
Enterprises, being sued because someone you provide connectivity for did
an nmap on some random, paranoid company? How far is if from you being
investigated because you publically endorse PGP? How far from you getting
in hot water because Real-Time hosts a website/mailing list for the TCLUG,
a self-proclaimed bunch of hackers?
</SEMI-PARANOIA>

Naturally take this with a healthy doze of salt-grains. The slashdot-crowd
IS quick to overreact - but this whole issue is going to have to boil
over. People NEED to be more educated about computers. Stuff like the DMCA
should not exist.

-Yaron