> Dear Qwest DSL Host,
>
> Please see the MegaHost site at https://www.extranet.interprise.com/megahost/
> for an important update on a Qwest DSL price increase effective August 7,
> 2001.
>
> Also, at the MegaHost site you'll be able to see the addresses of where we
> have currently deployed or will soon deploy remote terminals so that end users
> who previously could not get DSL service now probably can.
>
> You'll need your unique login and password to get into the site.  It should've
> been automatically emailed to you when you became a Qwest DSL Host.  If you
> need your login and password, please let me know and I will get one to you.

Since most of you don't have access to this, I'll cut-n-paste it for you.

This really sucks, especially when the economy is so slow and there is no
competition to Qworst.

Notification: DSL Rate Increase and Grandfathered DSL Deluxe and DSL Pro Deluxe
Fixed Rate Period Plans

Product name: Qwest DSL Service

Tariff/catalog/price list reference: Qwest Tariff F.C.C. No. 1, Section 8

State(s): All 14 Qwest States covered by Tariff F.C.C. No. 1 where the above
services are available.

Rate Increase Date: August 7, 2001

its DSL Services. Qwest is increasing the rate for its month-to-month DMT DSL
Deluxe, DMT Pro Deluxe, CAP DSL Select, CAP DSL Deluxe and CAP DSL Pro Deluxe
services. In addition, Qwest will be increasing its monthly rates for the other
DSL services including month-to- month services as well as the services with
term plans of 12-, 36- and 60-months. Qwest is also grandfathering the 12-, 36-
and 60-month term plans for DSL Pro Deluxe service. After the effective date of
the filing, Qwest will no longer offer Fixed Period Service Rate Plans for Qwest
DSL Deluxe 12-, 36- and 60-months to new customers or for renewal once existing
plans reach termination.

Background: Qwest DSL was first to launch DSL in the market late 1997 at $39.95.
We were the first company to lower the price to $29.95 in 1998 and introduce the
Select product at $19.95 later that year. Third quarter 2000 Qwest DSL Pro
service was introduced for customers who required higher speeds or business
class services and Qwest lowered the prices for the higher speeds of DSL service
significantly with that announcement. All companies are experiencing increased
costs, and Qwest is no different in that regard. We have found it necessary to
increase the prices of our DSL service effective August 7, 2001 as follows:

Note: Qwest DSL 256 was introduced on June 14 at $21.95. It is not affected by
this increase.

Qwest DSL Deluxe:
Term Old Rate New Rate
Month to month $29.95 $31.95
One Year $29.95 *Grandfathered
Three Years $29.95 *Grandfathered
Five Years $29.95 *Grandfathered

Qwest DSL Select (CAP only): (We stopped selling this product 6-14-01. Price
increase applies to existing customers.)
Term Old Rate New Rate
Month to month $19.95 $21.95
One Year $19.95 *Grandfathered
Three Years $19.95 *Grandfathered
Five Years $19.95 *Grandfathered

*Grandfathered Contract terms no longer offered with these services. Customer's
price will be in effect until notified by Qwest at contract expiration. Customer
will then be offered the month-to-month price in effect on date of contract
expiration.

Qwest DSL Pro Services:

Qwest DSL Pro Deluxe:
Term Old Rate New Rate
Month to month $50.00 $55.00
One Year $50.00 $55.00
Three Years $50.00 $55.00
Five Years $50.00 $55.00

Qwest DSL Pro 640K:
Term Old Rate New Rate
Month to month $60.00 $66.00
One Year $58.00 $64.00
Three Years $56.00 $62.00
Five Years $54.00 $60.00

Qwest DSL Pro 960K: (We stopped selling this product 4-01. Price increase
applies to existing customers.)
Term Old Rate New Rate
Month to month $70.00 $77.00
One Year $67.00 $74.00
Three Years $64.00 $71.00
Five Years $61.00 $68.00

Qwest DSL Pro 1M:
Term Old Rate New Rate
Month to month $80.00 $88.00
One Year $76.00 $84.00
Three Years $72.00 $80.00
Five Years $68.00 $76.00

Qwest DSL Pro 4M:
Term Old Rate New Rate
Month to month $150.00 $165.00
One Year $145.00 $160.00
Three Years $140.00 $155.00
Five Years $135.00 $150.00

Qwest DSL Pro 7M:
Term Old Rate New Rate
Month to month $250.00 $275.00
One Year $244.00 $269.00
Three Years $238.00 $263.00
Five Years $232.00 $257.00

Existing Subscribers: Existing customers will be notified of this price increase
on their bill.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the change that is being announced?

To provide the best DSL technology available to as many customers as possible,
Qwest is announcing a $2.00 per month increase in the Qwest Select/Deluxe
products, and a 10 percent increase in the Qwest DSL Pro series.

What is the effective date of the increase?

The price of Qwest DSL service will increase for all affected customers on
August 7, 2001.

How will customers be notified of the change?

Existing customers will be notified via a message on their bill. Qwest
Representatives will notify prospective or new customers when they call into one
of Qwest Sales centers.

Why is the price of QwestDSL service increasing?

The cost to buy and install the technology to provide DSL service is increasing.
As customer demand increases, we are committed to expanding the availability of
this high value product to as many customers as possible across our 14-state
coverage area.

Which products are affected by this change?

The following products will experience a price increase of $2.00 per month:

Qwest Select (no new service offered)

Qwest DSL Deluxe

The following products will experience a 10% price increase:

Qwest DSL Pro Deluxe

Qwest DSL Pro 640K

Qwest DSL Pro 960 (no new service offered)

Qwest DSL Pro 1M

Qwest DSL Pro 4M

Qwest DSL Pro 7M

I just ordered Qwest DSL recently. How will this change affect me?

If your DSL service was activated prior to August 7, your monthly charge will be
pro-rated based upon the number of days in your billing cycle at the old rates
prior to August 7. On August 7, you will begin to be charged the new rate.

I ordered my DSL service on a 1, 3, or 5 year contract. How will this change
affect me?

The pricing under your present contract will not change during the contract
period.

How do the new rates for Qwest DSL compare with competitive products in the
marketplace?

DSL rates are comparable to those of our competitors and in some cases, lower
compared to other alternatives in both the Consumer and Small Business markets.
Moreover, we believe we deliver a superior product and value through greater
reliability, a bundled solution, an d end-to-end product support.

How does this change affect customers who use products that are no longer
offered such as DSL Select?

Current customers who subscribed to DSL Select will experience a $2 per month
increase in the price of their service. DSL Select is no longer offered to new
customers.

Will rates for DSL change in the future?

No other changes are known at this time, but we continue to evaluate market
conditions when establishing prices.

Does this price increase affect business customers with DSL service?

Yes. All customers with DSL service will experience a price increase.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500