On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 03:12:09PM -0700, Mike Bresnahan wrote:
> It's straight a K6-III 400 as far as I know.  I've never heard of a K6-III+.

I have one :) They are "made for laptops" but work just fine and cool in the
latest Super7 mobos with the latest (as in beta) BIOSes.

Because it was made for a laptop, I overclock mine from 450MHz to 500 without
any special cooling.

> It is AGP.  I have the Asus P5-A motherboard.  I most likely don't have the
> latest BIOS.  I have not touched it since buying it 2-3 years ago.

Get a PCI board if you can. There are problems with AGP on Super7. And you
don't need AGP "speed" on a 400-500 MHz CPU anyway.

AFAIK VIA still issues patches for AGP on it's chipsets :(

And after the IDE and SBLive! problems on the latest VIA chipsets I woved not
to buy VIA for the next 3-4 years :)

florin

--

"If it's not broken, is because you are not fixing it enough."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4