On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 01:57:11PM -0700, Mike Bresnahan wrote:
> I have a very unstable AMD K6-3 400 / Asus P5-A system and I suspect the
> problem is a conflict with the video card.  Would anyone care to trade a
> comparable but sufficiently different video card for a ATI Rage 128 Pro
> 16MB?  Note that the ATI video card came with my Intel based Dell and works
> just fine in it.  It just doesn't work in my AMD system and I don't have
> another video card to try in it.

Hmmm... K6-III or K6-III+? If it's a K6-III you might have problems with heat.

If the flakyness is in Windows than don't worry: ATI drivers suck and blow.

1. Is the video board AGP?

2. Are you sure you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard?

I can loan you a PCI video board and an AMD K6-2/380 MHz to test your
motherboard.

florin

--

"If it's not broken, is because you are not fixing it enough."

1. I suspect the video boa
41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4