andy at theasis.com wrote:

> > > Just a worm looking for copies of IIS and hoping to exploit a buffer
> > > overflow.  The requests start off with "GET /default.ida?NNNN..." and
> > > are too large to be anything but a buffer overflow attempt.
> > >
> > > The only article I've been able to find about the worm is at
> > > http://www.newsbytes.com/news/01/168003.html?&_ref=923747745
> >
> > http://www.securityfocus.com/templates/headline.html?id=12004
>
> http://www.msnbc.com/news/602036.asp?cp1=1

And of course last but not least a real in depth technical explination
of what codered is, what it does, and how it spreads instead of
newsflash fluff. ;P

http://www.eeye.com/html/Research/Advisories/AL20010717.html

Cute. Whoever wrote it knew their win32. The stuff in the GET line is
just a boostrap, the real worm code is in the rest of the HTTP request,
and thus not logged. I've written me a CGI to grab the complete virus
next time I get hit. Heh.

I've gotten 21 attempts so far.