On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 08:30:27PM -0500, Mike Hicks wrote:
> "Bill Layer" <blayer at qwest.net> wrote:
> >
> > Word on DalNet #linux at the moment, is that number of comprimised hosts
> > exceeds 20,000 (twenty-thousand). I think this is the Big Red One...
> >
> > Nice work, folks.
>
> ZDNet and CNet (are they the same company now?  I forget) are reporting
> over 100,000 at the moment.
>
> Two interesting tidbits floating around on Slashdot:  It sounds like the
> servers will start flooding www.whitehouse.gov tomorrow (the 20th) and not
> today (makes sense, since the site is still up).  I haven't gotten any
> more connection attempts since 7 PM (0000 GMT, July 20).  Of course, the
> worm could be broken.
>
> Additionally, it sounds like DSL routers can get knocked out even if the
> web interface is disabled.  I guess the port is still open or something (I
> don't have one, so I can't test..)  As mentioned here previously,
> upgrading CBOS should fix it.

I have a web server behind a Cisco 675 with CBOS 2.4.1 and I'm just fine.

I have the port 80 on the external IP translated in the port 80 on the internal`www server (running OpenBSD 2.9 on Sparc).

florin

--

"If it's not broken, is because you are not fixing it enough."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4