Hey everyone,

I'm trying to use a few Rewrite rules on my Apache server. The configuration
*looks* good, but no URLs are being rewritten. There's an empty rewrite_log
in the directory that I specified. There are no errors reported when I
restart apache.

Here's the section from httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost www.qwerk.org> #IP 208.42.140.222
  ServerName www.qwerk.org
  DocumentRoot /var/www
  <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteLog "/var/log/apache/rewrite_log"
    RewriteLogLevel 3
    #RewriteRule ^/mailman/ - [L]
    #RewriteRule ^/webalizer/ - [L]
    #RewriteRule ^/~(.*) - [L]
    RewriteRule
^/(.*) http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.qwerk.org:80/Wilson/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[P]
  </IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

That last rewrite rule is for my Zope installation on my server at home. Up
until now I've used proxy_pass, but I'm experimenting. (It's all one line in
the httpd.conf file.)

Is there a way that I can force something to be written in the
rewrite_log? How can I confirm whether the Rewrite Engine is actually on?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.org