From: Yaron [mailto:jethro at freakzilla.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 9:23 AM
To: TCLUG
Subject: [TCLUG] OT: Electronics Hackers?

  Hey,

Ok, my knowledge off electronics is enough for me to know how to replace
LEDs on my machine when they die or are too boring. But that's pretty much
it (ie, I can solder somewhat, and I know how to reconnect wires).

When I was at The Shack getting new LEDs, I saw one of those LED-Basr
things (you know, thing that has 8 LEDs in a row) and I thought, wouldn't
it be cool to put that on and geet a Knight Rider thing going when the
power was on? Or when the HDD gets accessed? Now, I know enough THEORY to
know that you need something that'll take the power in from one LED and,
uh, round-robin it between 8 LEDs. I know how to tell DNS to do that, but
not real hardware.

I know a lot of people on the list are electronics geeks (what's happening
with the analog RAM meter, btw?) so I figured I'd ask. Is there like a
Beginner's Guide to Hacking Electronics website or something?

TIA,

-Yaron