Hey,

Ok, my knowledge off electronics is enough for me to know how to replace
LEDs on my machine when they die or are too boring. But that's pretty much
it (ie, I can solder somewhat, and I know how to reconnect wires).

When I was at The Shack getting new LEDs, I saw one of those LED-Basr
things (you know, thing that has 8 LEDs in a row) and I thought, wouldn't
it be cool to put that on and geet a Knight Rider thing going when the
power was on? Or when the HDD gets accessed? Now, I know enough THEORY to
know that you need something that'll take the power in from one LED and,
uh, round-robin it between 8 LEDs. I know how to tell DNS to do that, but
not real hardware.

I know a lot of people on the list are electronics geeks (what's happening
with the analog RAM meter, btw?) so I figured I'd ask. Is there like a
Beginner's Guide to Hacking Electronics website or something?

TIA,

-Yaron