> but after booting everything worked fine after booting
Hello department of redundancy department.

> My Pentium 200 MMX
Pentiun 200's have been dead for a long time :P

> At first I thought the problems might be heat related since
> I have no AC, but I tried this morning when the temp was below
> 80, and still no luck.

Just like me, your computers ideal operating contitions are in the range
of 50 to 75 F. ;)

> So any hints on what I should try? Is it probably my motherboard?
Well if things are blinking it sounds like your motherboard or your video
card. (Most motherboards will refuse to boot without a videocard.) So
check to see that all the cards are properly seated and everything is
still properly connected. Listen for beep error codes. What they mean is
usually listed in your motherboards manual. Test your video card in
another machine.

Lastly, declare it dead. :)

Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://www.ringworld.org
"We can learn much more from wise words, little
from wisecracks and less from wise guys."
--William Arthur Ward