Although I consider myself a seasoned Unix user/administrator, when it
comes to configuring Xwindows, I'm still much too ignorant.  I've recently
been playing with xset for changing my mouse sensitivity (who knew you
could do such a thing!).  Unfortunately, any parameters set with xset are
reset at logout.  It even says so in the man page

"These settings will be reset to default  values  when  you log out."

Does anyone know if there's a way to keep things I set with xset?  Maybe in
a dot-file in my home directory?  I'd rather not put it in .cshrc or the
equivalent, since my home directory is shared between many version of Unix,
not all using XFree86, so equivalent xset commands have different syntax on
different systems.

I thought about Xdefaults, but it's only used to set app-specific X
things...

I suppose I could also set the XF86Config file, but this would change
things for all users and not just me.

Anyone already have a solution to this?  Maybe I'm missing something
horribly trivial, but it is only 8:30 am and I've just started my coffee...

Gabe
Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu
SGI Origin Systems Administrator,
University of Minnesota Supercomputing Institute
 for Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation         www.msi.umn.edu