johndmiller wrote:

> I have just installed Caldera on an old p100 machine.  I have a D-Link
> DE-220P and am using the ne and 8390 modules.  I have assigned it the
> address of 192.168.0.4 and am able to ping itself.  I have a hosts file
> listing the other computers on the network as well as its self.  I have
> also added it to the hosts file of the other Linux machine.  route has an
> entry for 192.168.0.0 as well as 127.0.0.0.
>
> Anyone have an idea what I am overlooking?

Are you saying you can't ping anything except the localhost? Can other
machines ping your machine? Has the NIC ever worked? Are you sure you
have the correct setting for the NIC? I have had problems with ne2000
cards when I give it the incorrect IRQ. The card is detected fine, but I
can't send anything in or out. Maybe something to check.