On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Hans P. Christianson wrote:

> network is being served by a piece o' crap box with a copy of Novell on
> there older than I am.  I told him I would redo his network for free, but he
> didn't like that idea.

What version of Novell?  Novell impressed me long before I started playing
with linux.. lightweight (Netware 4.11 runs on a 386), stable, and
incredibly nice admin features... Novell wasted M$ in the server market
long ago.

Redoing a Novell network is a threat from your dad's angle.  He knows
Novell rocked when he installed it, despite all his hacking buddies
telling him that Microsoft was the answer, now you're telling him linux is
the answer... sometimes you just need to let things alone when they're
working.  I like the idea that was posted here in another message.. add
linux in, but don't touch his Novell server.  Let him figure out on his
own what makes linux a superior OS and he will come around.  I
"migrated" my network from Novell to linux awhile back but Novell is
always welcome back.  It served me well.  Windows NT/2000/XP is forever
forbidden.

-Brian