On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 11:13:07AM +0100, Andrew Nemchenko wrote:
> Lately I've been getting messages from paid4survey.net offering me free gifts if
> I take their surveys. I'm not sure how they found me but all of that is not the
> point. The point that I'm trying to make is that at the bottom of the message
> there is a small link which you can click to get removed from their list. I was
> surprised to see that the link was not to a non existing email address but
> rather to a web site where I chose the un subscribe option. Then it apologized
> for the inconvenience and told me that I was removed. Just to double check I
> clicked on the same link again, and was told that I could not be un subscribed
> because no such account existed. I was so surprised to see a spam list that I
> was able to un subscribe from that I just had to write about it. Perhaps if
> other lists were like this then it would not be so bad.

Did these paid4survey.net mail it directly to your account everytime or
did the To: seem to be for someone else?

Personally I would never try to unsubscribe myself from such a list via
a web interface nor an email, since it would be giving them a verified
email address they could sell if they wanted to [1].

God luck with being spam free from them.

[1] This assumes bad intent from the "spammers", they might not be bad
in your case, but the majority probably will.

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>
  mod_pointer <http://stderr.net/mod_pointer>