On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, AAAunderground wrote:

> If you remove the ide drivers ( and whatever else is specific to that board)
> prior to shutting down and swapping out the MB, life gets easier.

I found it easier to remove all devices from Device Manager, make sure the
BIOS "PnP OS" is set to yes, and be sure to have my CDs/floppies in
hand.  Of course, it helps if you built your system to begin with so you
can identify all the hardware in it.  The reason being a lot of the PCI
bridge stuff changes so you have to re-install all your PCI cards anyway.

> DELTREE C:\WINDOWS /y
> (I found out at bestbuy the other day that winme does not accept that switch.)

rm -rf /mnt/hda1/windows still works from Tom's :-)

-Brian