I recently had this exact same problem in a Dell PowerEdge 4400 with an
Intel Fiber gigE card.  All I did was move it to a different PCI slot,
which changed the IRQ, and all was well.  Have you tried putting the card
in a different slot on the broken machine or changing th IRQ from 10 to
something else (via your BIOS)?

Gabe

Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu
SGI Origin Systems Administrator,
University of Minnesota Supercomputing Institute
 for Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation         www.msi.umn.edu