On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 10:57:04AM -0500, Yaron wrote:
>   Hey there,
>
> Um, as someone who's never really been to the U of M... how's the parking
> situation? I see there are ramps and garages, how much do they cost? Are
> there meters? Yes, I hate parking.

There are some meters nearby, but not many.  There is a ramp right
across Union Street from the ECE building (the Washington Street ramp),
which might be the safest bet.  See (or othewr maps availale there)
http://www1.umn.edu/parking/maps/ebcolr.htm for details.  There
are also parking lots, but there a little further from ECE.
Rates are $3 for the lots, and $2.25 an hour for the ramps.

As for the ECE building, its hard to miss.  Its almost as ugly
as the art museum, and its diagonally across Washington Avenue
from Moos Tower, the tallest building on campus.

To add a question - does anybody know what room the meeting will
be in, or should we just follow the happy penguin signs?

--
Jim Crumley                  |
crumley at fields.space.umn.edu |