Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

> I love Java -- but it takes far to long to do anything useful in JSP if you
> code in the proper way.  It is easy to get out of hand and make it hard to
> maintain or extend.  Custom tags (taglibs) and such take a lot of work for
> minimal return.

Code in the proper way?  I take it you mean miminal Java and the use of
taglibs to render dynamic or programatic content.  I don't know Python
or PHP but I used to do quite a bit of Perl and I find I get as much
functionality built using Java/JSP as I used to do with Perl over a
given time period.  It also depends on the strength of you pre-built tag
library if you have one.

--
Perry Hoekstra
E-Commerce Architect