> the more they dumb it down, the more people will buy it...
	actually, I don't think it's fundamentally gotten any more 'idiot
friendly' than it was before. the new start menu looks wierder; but I don't
think it's any much easier to use... certainly not if you spend a little
while exploring. (then again, most people don't...).
	I think idiot-friendliness has gotten to the point where they really
can't get much better, at a fundamental level. so they flail around with new
features, and reduced choices; to give people the impression that they're
making things easier. look at Microsoft 'Bob'. :P

> Sad.  Although,
> the latest build of XP professional includes that sweet 3d rendered fishtank
> screensaver that looks like the real thing.  I forget the name now, but it's
> probably the coolest screensaver I've ever seen, but you need a fast 3d card
> to get photo quality out of it.
	hmm, we've got build 2505 here, and I can't find it on the list of
screensavers. :(

I *am* glad to say that Starcraft installs and runs happily on it. :)

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises