On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 01:03:47PM -0500, Nate Carlson wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, David S. Cargo wrote:
> > Anybody got sage words about how you connect your Linux boxes to
> > DSL using PPPoE?
>
> Just buy the Cisco 678; then you'll have an ethernet port you can just..
> use.  :)

  Even better: buy a Cisco 678 from me!
  Then you won't have to pay $200 for Qwest's stupid kit (which includes
obnoxiously vapid installation manuals and an ethernet card that I'm sure
you won't need).

  I'm moving at the end of this month and will be switching to cable, and I
won't need my 678 anymore. I got DSL in April and the modem has worked
wonderfully.

  I'll part with the modem, all the associated cables and manuals (to prop
up a short leg on a table or chair) for...say, $100. (I'll keep the
ethernet card for my own nefarious uses :) Or make an offer. I won't need
this stuff after July 31, so I'd like to get rid of it.

  Dan

--
  lemon   |                     Dan Drake
+ gecko   |          drake at lemongecko.org