I have the opportunity to get our company running Postgresql on
an AlphaServer 1200 (DEC, not Compaq version).

I am trying to find a suitable raid controller ($200 or under)
for it that has good Linux support. The one it shipped with
(Mylex DAC960PDU-3) is not supported by the manufacturer
anymore, (or by the writer of the driver under Linux).. The card
needs a set of flash-roms to make it work...

To make a long story short, does a pci raid controller exist
that can be used under Linux that does not require some strange
set-up of plugging the controller into a second machine running
DOS to run the raid configuration tool while the drives remain
in the alpha box (some type of utility that anybody knows about?).

I know this is a long shot (as the box is an Alpha), but I
thought I would stand on someone's shoulders that could provide
me with some insight. I do have a DPT PM2144UW with the raid
module, but this would require the DOS setup I mentioned before.

Thanks,
Kelly Black
(P.S. I am on the digest list, so expect delay in discourse)