Simeon Johnston wrote:

> Anyone using LIDS or have in the past?
>
> I'm using Trustix beta 1.4.95 and the 2.4.6 kernel and am wondering if
> LIDS is currently working well  for anyone and how easy it is to
> configure.
> I'm considering using it on our firewall and am wondering if it is worth
> the time.
>
> Just looking for info/opinion.

I'm using LIDS and Openwall and Stealth patch on a 2.2.19 kernel on an
otherwise debian system

It works quite spiff.

Have to use a bit more conservative config that some of their examples
though since they're not made for debian. ;P

I should play with some of the stuff in whatever version I upgraded to a
few months ago. It broke the config format, and it took me a while to
figure out why the kernel was panicing for no apparent reason. ;P But it
added proper inheritence control...

Its still a kinda beta piece of software, written by a chinese guy who
doesn't speak english well thus has a history of bad documentation,
(This seems to be improving.) but its definately nifty and getting
niftier.