On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:

> 	a reader later wrote in, proposing that instead of storing 400+
> hours of music; why not store 400+ tracks, for an hour each? have a separate
> track for each of the instruments in an orchestra; and be able to rearrange
> them spatially, adjust volume, etc., on an individual or sectional basis.

You know, I can't count the number of times I've listened to songs that I
wish I could dump the individual tracks into software, tweak them, and
rebuild a CD mixed to my personal taste.  The majority of people I know
wouldn't care but I'm a rythym kinda guy so when I here a song with a
really nice rythym guitar being too masked out by an obnoxious lead
guitar.  Then again, I'm kinda anal when it comes to this stuff so maybe
I'm alone..

-Brian