On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, Dave Sherohman wrote:

> Right, but I would consider that to fall under the category of not
> being able to hear the difference, albeit for (presumably) psychological
> reasons rather than physical reasons.  Just two different ways of saying
> the same thing, I guess.

Not exactly.  More like adaptive optics, where they use dynamically
corrective lenses to allow telescopes to compensate for the distortions
that occur to light refracting through the atmosphere.  It's not a matter
of not being able to hear the difference, it's a matter of being able to
*negate* the differences.

Still beermeetin' fodder, though.

 --
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous