> The obvious answer to me will be multiple tracks.  Surround sound to the
> extreme.  Consider 8 track digital audio at 24-bit rate.  You just might get
> up into DVD storage ranges on this.

some years ago, I read something in Stereo Review about holographic storage;
and one day being able to hold umpteen hundred GB in a plastic cube an inch
on a side.
	a reader later wrote in, proposing that instead of storing 400+
hours of music; why not store 400+ tracks, for an hour each? have a separate
track for each of the instruments in an orchestra; and be able to rearrange
them spatially, adjust volume, etc., on an individual or sectional basis.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises