On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 02:34:12PM -0500, Ben Lutgens wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 02:23:23PM -0500, Daniel Taylor wrote:
> >Yep, the BSD-Public Domain License. Without the advertising requirement it
> >is a dead on givaway, freebie, handout. That is why the Corporations love
> >it so much. It lets them take your work without giving _ANY_ recompense.
> >
> >I'll stick with GPL thank-you-very-much.
>
> But under the terms of the GPL you can't charge royalties and such
> anyway.

Even ignoring for the moment that there are other forms of
compensation than royalties, etc., there's a big gap between "I'm not
making any money on what I did because GPL prevents me from
collecting royalties" and "that company over there is getting rich
off my work and they won't even say thanks."