From: tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org]On Behalf Of Michael Town
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 12:22 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: [TCLUG] Distro Switching - What files to back up?

Hey guys,
I'm planning on switching my server from Mandrake 7.1 to a Debian potato
box.  At the moment, my server is acting as: Email server, Web server,
File server, Domain controller, FTP server (non-annonymous), Primary DNS,
and firewall (well, NAT anyway).

My question is: which files will I need to back up to make the switch as
seamless as possible?  My /Home directory is a separate partition, so I'm
safe there (I think).  What I know for sure is my /root user directory,
along with my apache and samba config files.  Also my passwd, shadow and
groups files.  I'm also guessing the /etc/sysconfig directory (at least
the network files)

I know I'm missing some, I just can't for the life of me remember what
they are.

Thanks in advance,
Mike Town
shadow at shadowmaster.org