Quoting Callum Lerwick (seg at haxxed.com):
> Okay, I'm considering succuming to the call of capitalism and
> splattering banner ads all over my web site so I can feed my growing
> crack habit without having to get a real job. Has anyone here had any
> experiences good/bad with banner ad companies for a small time website
> that probably won't get enough hits to be worth the trouble anyway?

Banner ads are not making anyone but the big guys money.  With simple tools like
junkbuster, or even mozilla's  "don't accept images from anything but the
originating server" you can filter all that crap out.

It's Y cents for X hits. Like 1 cent for every 100,000 hits.  Yes, it's large
numbers like that.

OR

It's Y cents for X click-throughs. Like 2 cents for every click through.

OR

You have percentage base of a sale from a click through on your site. Like 0.05%
on a sale from a banner on your site.

The last one is where you make some money, but how many people will see your
website, click the banner ad and BUY something?

Anyways, I know most about the last one, ala Amazon and Commission Junction. Amy
did the initial design and work on Commission Junction, so we can give all sort
of sorted details.

Well, I think we can, I'll have to check the contract and NDA crap. :-P

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500