So I've recently started playing with GL in Linux (yeah, it took me
awhile...).  I just downloaded xmms 1.2.5 and am trying to get it's GL
visualization plugin going.  I've got a GForce 2 GTS and I've installed the
nVidia kernel module and GLX stuff.

Now, I haven't played around with XFree 4.x much, so I don't know much
about these mysterious "extensions".

$ xmms
Xlib:  extension "NV-GLX" missing on display ":0.0".

Segmentation fault

You've probably found a bug in XMMS, please visit
http://www.xmms.org/bugs and fill out a bug report.

Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x3261)!

So, if the NV-GLX extension is "missing", how do I "find" it?

Any help greatly appreciated...

Gabe
Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu
SGI Origin Systems Administrator,
University of Minnesota Supercomputing Institute
 for Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation         www.msi.umn.edu