On Tuesday 03 July 2001 05:31 pm, you wrote:
> Do you have ipchains running?  Just as a test, run
>
> /etc/init.d/ipchains stop
>
> and then try mounting your shares.  I just sent a message about this
> earlier today.  I don't think it's possible to mount an NFS partition
> through ipchains because the portmapper can't randomly pick a port to use
> when their aren't any open
>
> HTH,
>
> Gabe

It has been a long day. I read your post and the two threads behind it. I
suppose I just wasn't paying attention, imagine that. The security should not
be a problem, the box is on a lan. I am setting up the firewall now. It has
two smc-ultra cards. Just like the two ne2k cards in my other gateway they
don't get along. So, I will take a different road. The ol' musical chairs
routine, except I have a seat for every player.
--
Spencer <ground
whois microsoft.com