>>> blutgens at sistina.com 07/03/01 09:10AM >>>
>>On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 11:02:50PM -0500, Greg Rolling wrote:
>>If the nature of a virus is to prohibit users from productivity, which
>>OS is more viral in nature?  Linux or Windows?
>It's not the software that's viral, it's the license.

That is a matter of opinion. ;-)

>The term "viral" is synonymous with infectious.

viral - caused by a virus.
virus - venom, poison, causative agent of an infectious disease.
infectious - causing infection.
infection - establishment of a pathogen in its host, affecting injury.

But I think they would really like to infer:
contagious - communicable by contact.
contagion - a contagious disease, poison.
plague - epidemic disease, calamity, disastrous evil.

But I guess we will have to wait for that,
probably reserved for a later stage:

"The GPL is a plague of locusts" - Bill
"The GPL will blot out the sun" - Steve
"The GPL will kill your first born son" - Craig