On Tuesday 03 July 2001 08:10 am, you wrote:
> > Sorry to post this again. I couple of people responded but I think they
> > somehow got mixed with another question on installing RH7 and CD-ROMS. I
> > am a digest subscriber so maybe that's it. My problem is naming host name
> > "Bravo" which is my preference. Both text and gui installs will allow you
> > to enter a host name during installation but you still end up with
> > localhost. Anybody know a way around this... or how to change it after
> > initialization? I've heard the later is quite difficult.

> Thanks, Richard

I am by no means a "Linux guru". I have had luck with this command in a bash
shell.
hostname bravo
You can also do;
domainname applause.tv

This may not be the best way, but it does work. Granted, I have had some
issues with renaming the computer after installation. I have been alternating
between SuSE and RH for the past 6 months. I am leaning more towards RH at
the moment. So things that work in SuSE don't necessarily work in RH and vice
versa. I think that has been part of alot of my problems. Anyway, I have had
both success and trouble with the above commands. But you know what, it's fun
to break your box.

--

deltree c:\windows /y