On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 11:11:31PM -0500, Daniel Taylor wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Jul 2001 ming at mongo.evil-overlords.com wrote:
>
> > Here is my lilo.conf
> >
> > # LILO configuration file
> > # generated by 'liloconfig'
> > #
> > # Start LILO global section
> > append="init=/dev/sda1"
>                ^^^^^^^^^^
> I would actually take this whole line out, but the underlined portion is
> your problem. This should be a path in the FS of the root partition if you
> specify it at all. (ie. init=/sbin/init or init=/bin/bash)

There should not be any init='' line for a normal boot.

> > boot = /dev/sda
> > #compact        # faster, but won't work on all systems.
> > # delay = 5
> > vga = normal    # force sane state
> > # ramdisk = 0     # paranoia setting
> > # End LILO global section
> > # Linux bootable partition config begins
> > image = /vmlinuz
> >   root = /dev/sda1
> >   label = Linux
> >   read-only # Non-UMSDOS filesystems should be mounted read-only for checking

It might also mean that your root partition is toasted.

Try booting with a rescue floppy and do a fsck on /dev/sda1.

florin

--

"you have moved your mouse, please reboot to make this change take effect"

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4