> Well, I'd be surprised if you could do that -- I think the second head on
> the G400 can only go up to about 1280x1024.  From what I've heard, you
> should be able to do it with 4.1.0 without the Matrox drivers.

	hmmm, you could be right. I've got it working now, with the matrox
binaries. I'm going to try going back to the stock binaries, and see what I
can do.
	i've got it at 1280x1024 at 75Hz right now.

> Run `lspci' or `cat /proc/pci' to find the PCI id of your card.  It
> probably isn't 1:0:0 for some reason.  Make sure to change it in both
> Screen sections.

	yep. it's actually 1:0:0

I think the problem I had, was that the example from dotfiles.org was
specifying 'Screen 1' and 'Screen 2' in the driver section; and I've got it
working with Screens 0 & 1.

I also think I've heard that one can't use DRI on the second head. OpenGL
certainly isn't working right now; but I know nothing about OpenGL
configuration...

argh.
<rhetorical question>
why don't they build this crap right?