I recently picked up a GeForce3 myself. It's yummy. If gaming is your
primiary thing, GeForce2 or GeForce3 is the only way to go. GeForce2 w/
TwinView is a decent dual head soultion as well.
Good: What competition
Bad: biniary only drivers

If DVD playback is more important than gaming, hard to beat the Radeon.
Good: Superb DVD playback, excelent video capture with the All In Wonder
(dunno if it works under linux.) Open Source Drivers.
Bad: The Radeon is a great card, but the GeForce2 (MX?) was released just
after and gave a better bang for buck in the 3D world.

If super sharp 2D is your thing, Matrox G450 (maybe with dual head.)
Good: Can't beat 2D on a Matrox card. Open Source Drivers.
Bad: 3D has always been behind the curve with Matrox cards.

Don't bother with a Vodoo card anymore. Everything blows them out of the
water.

Bash Nvidia's drivers all you want for being closed source. The bottem
line is that they are the best. In the end, a GeForce will out last
anything else, followed closely by a Radeon. G450's are allready slow, but
still kick ass in they're own way.

I'm totally happy with my GeForce3, TNT2 Ultra for sale. :)

Andrew S. Zbikowski       | Home: 763.591.0977
http://www.ringworld.org  | PCS:  612.306.6055
They must not get baseball sized hail in Redmond.
If they did MS would have realized HailStorm is a
bad name for their new services.