On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Bob Tanner wrote:

> I think this is a blessing! Why do you want to send email to any of those
> domains in the first place? :-)

My first reaction too, but since I do have friends that use Windows and
now that linux using qwest.net users are forced to use MSN there you have
it. :-(

> What does your .mc file look like?

It's at the end of this message

> Are you doing relaying via MX?

It appears not.  As you can tell I left it pretty much alone, it worked
out of the box so I'd rather not break it since this is a production
server and my primary e-mail account is using it.  What does this feature
do?  Does that enable by default any MX record pointed at me to override
my /etc/mail/access file?  While it'd make admin easier I'm assuming
anyone could register an MX to spamwarehouse.com at my IP and start
relaying til the server can relay no more.  I'd guess it's commented out
for that reason.

-Brian

-----------------------sendmail.mc-------------------

include(`/usr/lib/sendmail-cf/m4/cf.m4')
define(`confDEF_USER_ID',``8:12'')
OSTYPE(`linux')
MASQUERADE_AS(mydomain)
undefine(`UUCP_RELAY')
undefine(`BITNET_RELAY')
define(`confAUTO_REBUILD')
define(`confTO_CONNECT', `1m')
define(`confTRY_NULL_MX_LIST',true)
define(`confDONT_PROBE_INTERFACES',true)
define(`PROCMAIL_MAILER_PATH',`/usr/bin/procmail')
FEATURE(`smrsh',`/usr/sbin/smrsh')
FEATURE(`mailertable',`hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable')
FEATURE(`virtusertable',`hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable')
FEATURE(redirect)
FEATURE(always_add_domain)
FEATURE(use_cw_file)
FEATURE(local_procmail)
MAILER(procmail)
MAILER(smtp)
FEATURE(`access_db')
FEATURE(`blacklist_recipients')
dnl We strongly recommend to comment this one out if you want to protect
dnl yourself from spam. However, the laptop and users on computers that do
dnl not hav 24x7 DNS do need this.
FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')
dnl FEATURE(`relay_based_on_MX')