From: tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org]On Behalf Of Mike
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 3:17 PM
To: tclug-list at lists.real-time.com
Subject: [TCLUG] OT: Need video card recommendation

I am trying to find the right components for a new system and I could use a
few
suggestions. I know I would like a new video card, but I have no idea what
would be a
good choice for Windows gaming and Linux/X compatability. The last time I
bought a
card Diamond and STB were very popular. Both are long gone now.

I was leaning towards something from the GeForce II line. I am not sure what
the
differences are between the MX 200/400, Pro, GTS, Ultra, etc. I found a
little info. on
the Nvidia site, but I didn't have hours to sift through it all.

Also, what brands are good?  I have come across a bunch - Leadtek,
Visiontek, Asus,
Abit, Creative, etc. There are two models I am looking at right now:
ELSA GLADIAC 511 64MB AGP GEFORCE2 MX400 W/TV OUT  $110
VISIONTEK GEFORCE2 MX400 64MB AGP 4X/2X W/TV OUT      $150

Any opinions/advice?

Thanks,
Mike