ok... i'm going crazy. i'm trying to build a boot/root set w/ a matching
version of dump & restore to test out my tape setup that i just got going
at work. the root filesystem is perfect... i've checked it 100 times. i
get:

"invalid compressed format(err=1)<5>" when i switch disks after being
prompted. it finds the compressed image fine, tries to load if for a
little bit and then gives me that damn error.

if i hit enter again, it gives me a kernel panic. anyone know anything i
should look at? sorry for such a fucking stupid problem, maybe it's just
monday making me stupid...

thanks

nick