On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

> Perhaps it has something to do with DNS lookups.  You could change your
> sendmail config.  Mr Tanner has a configuration he uses for this list that
> might help you.  Another option, the one I prefer, is to use Postfix instead
> of Sendmail.

I'm looking at migrating my sendmail installs to postfix, but I just got
proficient at basic sendmail setup and tweaking so to dump it all for
postfix seems like a waste.  Eventually I'll migrate everything to postfix
because it's the safer alternative to sendmail and I don't know how long
sendmail will be around since every version has some exploit in it.

Don't know if it's DNS, it's connected to the server ok by the looks of
ps.

-Brian