On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Yaron wrote:

> Luckily twiddling around with the audio jack seems to have got THAT kinda
> working again for now. ASUS tech support is a joke, too.

Dollars to donuts it's just a cracked solder joint.  If you want to take
it into your own hands, that's probably a 5 min fix, and I'm counting the
time it takes for the soldering iron to heat up.  If you aren't handy that
way, I'm sure there are list members (me included) who'd be willing to
take a peek.

Re:  Tran -- I think they're nice people, but they only think a problem
through to a certain point.  Paul Tran has always been good, but when I
went in to try and buy a 20G HD on a late model 486 -- even though it
*DOES* have a BIOS that would support what I wanted to do -- it was a
mistake to even mention anything that wasn't one of the Common Current
Configurations of North America.

Big turn off when they won't even admit "I don't think I understand the
question you're asking."  But that was <Mrs. Tran?> and the hired help
that day.

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous